MIB Applications on Solaris

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: MIB Applications on Solaris
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:24:35 -0400
I've been noticing something lately, and only on Solaris, so maybe you
folks can tell me if this is a OS configuration item that I am unaware of.

I usually modify the delivered MIB Appl for Interface Information to
include
the ifIndex (I'm pretty sure that field was left out so that adding it back
could
be used as a training exercise....). When I do this on Solaris, the
resulting
application fails to return all rows of the interface table. I have been
working
around this by eliminating other columns until it successfully returns all
rows.
I assume this has something to do with the mazimum size of the request
or something. Although I sometimes have to remove two columns to get
one added. Odd.

I don't think I have seen this on AIX, but I could be wrong. Anyone have
any
ideas?