Re: Netview 7.1 Install

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 7.1 Install
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:27:54 -0400
X11.vfb is not installed by default when you install X11.  You have to
explicitly install it.  It is the component which allows the GUI to run as
a daemon so you can run the web client without having a GUI up.  Do a
search for "X11.vfb" or just type it in .  SMIT should find it if you have
an AIX 4.3.3 CD.
And remember, after you install it, you will then have to reapply your
latest maintenance CD because you have to be at  the 02 level or higher.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Judy Stobby <jstobby@co.el-dorado.ca.us>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
10/25/2001 12:42 PM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion