RE: Netview 7.1 Install

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview 7.1 Install
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:17:29 -0400
I am almost always working with newly shipped, pre-loaded machines.
So I expect (and customers require) Netview to work with the latest
recommended maintenance level of the supported release.  This
policy has only gotten me into trouble when something got seriously
broken, like SNMP, or pax, and there were always fixes available
from AIX support when that happened.

New machines are shipping at ML 8 or 9 now. So if I were you, I
would take a backup, load on the current recommended maintenance,
and try the install. I would definitely not run with a bare 4.3.3 with no
maintenance at all.  I've seen no problems with ML 8 and 6.0.2.

Detroit

                    "Davis, Donald"

                    <donald.davis@firstcit       To:     "'IBM NetView
Discussion'"
                    izens.com>                    <nv-l@tkg.com>

                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    owner-nv-l@tkg.com           Subject:     RE: [NV-L]
Netview 7.1 Install

                    10/25/01 03:54 PM

                    Please respond to IBM

                    NetView Discussion

I found and installed X11.vfb on the AIX CDs.
The next prereq complaint was that AIX 4.3.3 needed maintenance applied to
bring it up to 4.3.3-02
Does anyone have any concerns with maintenance 4.3.3-02 and other Tivoli
applications?
Don Davis