RE: Netview 7.1 Install

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Netview 7.1 Install
From: Ken Garst <Ken.Garst@kp.org>
Date: 26 Oct 2001 13:09:15 -0700
Our policy is to keep all our AIX servers (some 155) updated with the most
recent and stable maintenance level (which is ML9).  Leslie Clark warned about
one particular ML that "broke" the tar command, if i recollect.

Anyhow, there is a reason why IBM puts out these ML upgrades, i.e. there are
known problems and these are the fixes.  To be on the safe side, upgrade to
ML9.

Incidentally, are you familiar with the commands "instfix -i|grep ML" and
"instfix -ciqk <ML version>| grep ":-:" ?

If not, try the first and then the second choosing an entry from the output of
the first that said "Not all filesets are present".