Problem with netmon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problem with netmon
From: "Olson, Stephen J" <stolson@state.pa.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:42:14 -0500
Greetings to all,

First, I may be a little cranky this morning since our Netview
box went down after an extended power outage, so I hope I wasn't
too harsh with David about his autoresponder.  :)

AIX 4.3 and netview 5.2

(I know, I know, upgrade!!!)

Anyway, this has happened in the past and all I have ever done
is restore to solve the problem.

If the machine has an abrupt shutdown, netmon will not start.
I get the following message ...

____________________________________________________________________-
Cannot communicate with SNMP Agent via loopback address (127.0.0.1); it is
either not running or has been configured with a community name different
from that configured into TME 10 NetView for this system. If a community
name ha
been configured into the SNMP Agent, that community name must be configured
via xnmsnmpconf and /usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf for address 127.0.0.1 as well
as for the hostname or IP address of this system.
Or, the /usr/OV/conf/snmpmib and /usr/OV/conf/snmpmib.bin files are
corrupted
and need to be rebuilt using the
Maintain->Rebuild MIB binary file with installation MIB defaults
option in smit

When I tried to rebuild the files, it *really* screwed things up.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Steve Olson
PA State Police