Seperation of NetView administrator and root administrator

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Seperation of NetView administrator and root administrator
From: anand anupam <ananda@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 17:26:02 +0530
Hi All,

We are having NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3.

We wanted to have separate OS administrator and NetView administrator.

We had installed NetView on a Managed node through root login which is a
prerequisites. After this, we created one user with system group. But, this
user is not able to perform NetView administration.

NetView has been planned to be integrated with other Tivoli modules like
TSD/TDS/Inventory etc.

Any idea what additional admin rights have to be assigned to this user.? Or
it is not possible to sepatate OS administrator and NetView administrator.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Anupam