RE: ISDN port color problem through NetView

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: ISDN port color problem through NetView
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 08:18:14 -0500
My ISDN BRI router ports do not have IP addresses (used for training, SNA
dialup). Therefore netmon does not monitor them for me.
I have implemented MLM on my NetView server and use APM to set up threshold
policy for monitoring each BRI port instance with an SNMP query.
The value that I query is .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.n  with "n" being the
particular BRI interface instance.  The threshold condition is " = 1 ".
1 means the port is active and NetView reports, Critical (Red).  If it is
any other status " != 1 " all is well (Green).
I defined a similar threshold policy for each (24) BRI interface Instance
and then distributed it.
I also used APM's Problem Determination Assistance pop-up GUI (by
double-clicking the appropriate BRI Interface symbol) to execute any of 3
scripts which the operators can use to query the Admin Status, set the Admin
status Up or set the Admin status Down.

I'll be glad to share the configuration details if anyone is interested.
Don Davis