Active/Passive netview systems for paging/email.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Active/Passive netview systems for paging/email.
From: "Milburn, Shane B" <shane.b.milburn@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 11:29:49 -0800
I have 2 Win2K Netview boxes in my environment. Traps from my routers get
sent to both systems and I get pages/email from both systems.

I would like to set them up in a Active/Passive role so that only one
system does the email/paging. The other just monitors the Active node
and in the event the Active node dies or the NV processes hang then it
promotes itself to Active and handles the email/paging.

Anyone have any scripts or suggestions on how I could do this?

thanks,
-shane
--
Shane B Milburn