RE: Actionsvr daemon not getting started

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Actionsvr daemon not getting started
From: "Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 11:05:29 -0600
I have had the smae issue, and I continue to have the same issue from time
to time. If I use VI to edit ESE.automation the daemon will hang when I try
to restart it. If this happens I open the file in VSedit and copy the
entries. I then delete the ESE.automation file and recreate it with VSedit
and restart the daemon and everything loads perfectly. I don't know why?
There are no hidden characters, permissions on the file have not changed,
nothing... I use this little script so I can see the daemon restart and see
the logging to the nvaction.alog as it loads the rules. PS - I have checked
my rules I am loading 50 times at least and even reduced it down to 1 rule
just to make sure and I still don't have an answer.

Script:

#!/usr/bin/ksh

echo RESETTING THE NVACTION DAEMON.........
cd /usr/OV/bin
ovstop actionsvr
ovstart actionsvr
tail -f /usr/OV/log/nvaction.alog

You will have to manually break out of the tail....

Let me know what you come up with! This has been bugging me for months.

Scott