Re: Re: RE: Actionsvr daemon not getting started

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re: RE: Actionsvr daemon not getting started
From: "Haseneder, Martina" <martina.haseneder@datev.de>
Date: 21 Nov 2001 13:07:04 -0000
Here is a solution of a friendly IBM-Support-guy (thanks to Mr. Zahn):

- see if the Port 1670 is in state LISTEN with
   netstat -an | grep 1670
  this means it ist still open

- lsof -i :1670
  now you see, which prozess uses the port

So simple IF you know it - good joke
And I did not have to save the ESE.automation in another editor or
something.

------------- Original-Nachricht folgt -------------

Right now I have to fix the same problem.

- no actionsvr start possible
- nvactionsvr.alog: unable to open action Channel Trying Port 1670
- there is no actionsvr hung up
- the nvsecd and nvcorrd are running (should a restart help?)

- I have no VSedit availble yet

------------- Original-Nachricht folgt -------------

RE: [NV-L] Actionsvr daemon not getting started

Hi James,

I faced similar problem today. I had created few rulesets out of which I want
to disable some during night time, hence I am running two scripts, one at night
time and another in morning through cron which follows the following steps and
this is working perfectly for almost two months without fail.

        1. Stop actionsvr daemon
        2. Rename the ESE.automation file with another file which does not have
unwanted rulesets
        3. Restart the actionsvr daemon
        4. Check the nvaction.alog for registering all the rulesets

Morning script will restore the original ESE.automation file with all the
rulesets.

Today morning it was observed that actionsvr was started but the rulesets
failed to register and not a single ruleset was registered. I tried restarting
the actionsvr, nvcorrd, nvserverd couple of times and did not helped me.
Finally after ovstop and ovstart only I could register all the rulesets. What
could be the reason for such behavoiur

Regards,
Santosh