Re: Re: RE: Actionsvr daemon not getting started

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Re: RE: Actionsvr daemon not getting started
From: "werner nixdorf" <werner.nixdorf@datev.de>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 18:11:15 +0100
Hi there,

- we have lsof and other tools from the bull-site on our aix-boxes (they are
installed and obtained by ourself - my download-site was
http://www.bull.de/pub/ the original server in france (
http://freeware.bull.net/ )  is offline at the moment) and Ms. Haseneder
tryed it on the request of Mr. Zahn.

- The process hanging on port 1670 was ovxbeep (it was running for more than
a day). When it was killed, everything worked fine again.

- Afaik ovxbeep is a part of netview (doing some alarm-stuff) and not of the
AIX-System, isn't it? It might be a system-related problem and if we see
this problem again, I'll go for some more information to locate it.

Werner Nixdorf
AIX Systemadministration
Datev eG