libucb.so.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: libucb.so.1
From: "Jesus Corral Arroyo" <jesus_corral_arroyo@es.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:36:29 +0100
James,
sometimes I think I really can´t read my mind too. I had an error mesage
and found it in CAST. So CAST told me to look for a link with a library
(libucb.so) and I said: "well, look for this library" and i could´t find it
in my AIX CDs. Of course, its a solaris library.

Well, thks for your help and sorry for this nonsense.

Anyway my problem with the installation goes on. I triAed to install
NetView 7.1 for AIX 4.3.3 in a TME environment (Framework 3.7B).
Begin the installation and get this error:

# cat update.log
Tue Nov 20 16:08:33 CUT 2001
Initializing the Tracing and Logging...
Done.
=======  Tue Nov 20 16:08:35 CUT 2001  BEGINNING NVCONFIGURE
       * Running customize script for fileset OVMIN-LICENSE.
       *   Making links....
       * Running customize script for fileset OVMIN.
       *   Making links....
       * Running customize script for fileset OVWIN.
NOTE:    Linking security support for nvsecd daemon.
WARNING: You must set your host machine date/time correctly,
before turning security ON.
NOTE:    Configuring ovwdb
NOTE:    Configuring nvsecd
NOTE:    Starting nvsecd
ovstart: unable to contact ovspmd: No such file or directory
awk: Cannot find or open file 20328.

 The input line number is 69. The file is 20328.
 The source line number is 1.
ERROR:   Unable to start nvsecd with ovstart.
ERROR:   Unable to start nvsecd with ovstart.
ERR_0003_040
ERR_0003_040
+ dspmsg -s 5 nv6000.cat 9999 customize:    Failing customize with exit
code %s\
n 2
+ 1>> /tmp/update.log
customize:    Failing customize with exit code 2
ERROR:     Customize script for fileset OVWIN exited with code 2.
ERR_cfgbf_001
nvconfigbf:    Failing doing configuration with exit code 2
base:    Failure running script or command
'/usr/OV/install/tools/nvconfigbf'
ERR_bcfg_210
base:    Failing base.config with exit code 2