Re: NetView maintenance release 6.0.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView maintenance release 6.0.3
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:40:19 -0500
6.0.3 is just a bunch of bug fixes to current code.  You can install it on
a working NetView in less than half an hour.  It offers no new function.
All it does is extend the usefulness of NetView Version 6.0 from now until
its end of service, which has been announced as October 26, 2002.

&1. offers new function, such as a new Java-based MIB loader and browser
to use with the web client, new web client security features, and support
for miscellaneous other things such as ISDN, MPLS, and some new bridge
topology.

If you can migrate to 7.1 now, then I would do so.  If you can't, then get
6.0.3.  You will have to sooner or later anyway.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Thomas Kunz" <t-kunz@admin.ndis.umn.edu>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@tkg.com
12/11/2001 10:15 AM
Please respond to IBM NetView Discussion