RE: PING only to monitor

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: PING only to monitor
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 16:06:35 -0500
Tom,
The simple answer is that you cannot prevent SNMP polling of "their" routers
if they have been discovered by NetView.
You can set the Configuration Polling Interval to 5 years. You can set
Discovery Polling to Off.
However, You cannot prevent netmon from config polling them any time that
netmon is cold started.

Like I said in my previous post, your only solution is not to monitor them
at all if "they" are complaining about SNMP authentication failures in
"their" router logs and refuse to give you read-only access to "their"
routers.

Good luck,

Don Davis