Nvcorrd error checking

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Nvcorrd error checking
From: "Chan, Jack" <jack.chan@nz.unisys.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:45:26 +1100
Hello List,

I am having a problem with nvcorrd daemon. Problem as follows:

I have a NV rule to execute a script upon receiving a trap.
I checked the trapd.log for the trap, it is there, but the script did not
execute.

ovstatus shows nvcorrd (and all the daemons) are RUNNING and well behaved.
Another symptom I see is the control desktop is not updating (through exceed
and Linux console as well). After I ovstop and ovstart, the script is
executing again.

I have DM profile to check for daemon up, and scripts to do ovstatus |grep
RUNNING and ovstatus |grep OVs_WELL_BEHAVED. But both of these checking
mechanism are NOT picking up the nvcorrd is not working as it is supposed to
(because it still thinks it is RUNNING and well behaved)

How can I check that nvcorrd is REALLY running? Some sort of heartbeat using
ruleset maybe?

regards,

Jack.