RE: Nvcorrd error checking

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Nvcorrd error checking
From: "Gavin Newman" <NEWMANGJ@banksa.com.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 14:09:31 +1030
Scott

The only problem with the script is that it checks that the daemons are running
via a ps, it doesn't seem to check that they are actually doing anything
productive which I understand was your original problem. This is one of the
reasons why I wrote my system too.

Cheers - Gavin

>>> tivoliesm@hotmail.com 15/12/2001 03:27:52 >>>
Does anyone have a good working copy of the nvmon script? I have attemptedt
 o copy the script and I get funky characters from the Acrobat format.

Thanks,

Scott Bursik
scott.bursik@pbsg.com

>From: "Stephen Hochstetler" <shochste@us.ibm.com>
>To: IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
>Subject: RE: [NV-L] Nvcorrd error checking
>Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:37:18 -0500
>
>Jack,
>
>In the chapter 8 of the redbook "Netview 6.01 and Friends" is a script for
>monitoring NetView and restarting stopped daemons.
>
>http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/pubs/pdfs/redbooks/sg246019.pdf
>
>Kind regards,
>Stephen Hochstetler              shochste@us.ibm.com
>International Technical Support Organization  - Austin
>Office - 512-436-8564                      FAX - 512-436-8701
>
>ITSO redbooks at  http://www.redbooks.ibm.com

   *****   IMPORTANT INFORMATION    *****
This document should be read only by those persons to whom
it is addressed and its content is not intended for use by
any other persons. If you have received this message in
error, please notify us immediately. Please also destroy and
delete the message from your computer. Any unauthorised form
of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited.
Bank SA is not liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication, nor for any