snmp-server trap-source loopback0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: snmp-server trap-source loopback0
From: "Westphal, Raymond" <RWestphal@erac.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:51:26 -0600
Hello Everyone.

NV 6.0.2 for Unix on AIX 4.3.3.10

I know in the past there have been discussions about setting the trap-source
on the routers. I could not locate the messages in the Archives.

I have frame relay routers that will soon be converted to new pvcs. There
will be a primary and secondary pvc to each router. If we do not set the
trap-source at all will the trap be sent or forwarded on the working serial
interface if the primary pvc goes down?

We want to avoid a lot of DNS work by adding all the loopback addresses. And
we also want to avoid configuring all the routers.

Can someone please send the arguments for setting the trap-source, please?

Thanks very much.

Happy Holidays