Re: snmp-server trap-source loopback0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: snmp-server trap-source loopback0
From: William.Stringfellow@bankofamerica.com
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 12:27:33 -0800

Ray,
     Yes, the router will send the trap out when a pvc goes down regardless
of whether the source is specified or not.  That line just tells the router
what label to put on the traps it sends.  The router will send the trap out
any and all interfaces that are still up when one of the others goes down.
     We use the snmp-server trap-source Loopback0 statement so that it
shortens the lookup time for the DNS function.....all interfaces are listed
in the reverse lookup files, but they all point to the loopback in the
forward resolution file.

          Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all,
               Bill

You Wrote:

I have frame relay routers that will soon be converted to new pvcs. There
will be a primary and secondary pvc to each router. If we do not set the
trap-source at all will the trap be sent or forwarded on the working serial
interface if the primary pvc goes down?