RE: Changing Object Status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Changing Object Status
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 16:19:44 -0500
Paul,
There is some "unexpected" behavior associated with the 58916871 trap!
First, it must not be set to log only.
Second, the Events Display must NOT be closed .
Third, 58916871 must not be blocked with a filter or ruleset.
You cannot use this method to change the status of an object, just the
color!
I tried this way but gave up on it as a bad idea.

My solution was to install MLM on my NetView server (could be anywhere).
Then, use Agent Policy Manager to configure a threshold monitor that
queries the mib for a specific value. If the expected value is not returned,

you have a critical threshold and a "Marginal" node.
I use this method to monitor the status of my Internet Frame Relay circuit.

Don Davis