Changing Object Status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Changing Object Status
From: "Paul Sandler" <paul@swebs.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 13:01:04 -0800
I am using NV 5.1.3 on AIX.  I need to be able to change the status of
an object to reflect the status of an application running on a Unisys
Mainframe.  The SNMP agent in the Unisys has a MIB variable I can poll,
but I have been unable to make the 58916871 trap alter the color of the
icon.  As I read further in the Admin manual, the object status does
not actually change in the database if I do get the trap to work so
this may not solve my problem.  I must forward the status change to
NetView/390, which I believe will require the status to change in the
NV/AIX db.

First, I have been able to configure snmptrap to create an event, but
not change the color of the icon.  This is something I would like to
figure out, although it may be academic.  I'm using a script that James
wrote up in this forum a while back for using trap 58916871.

How can I actually change the status of an manually created object in
the database?  Is anyone monitoring a MIB variable to change the status
of a manually created icon?  I created a software icon to represent my
mainframe application.  There were a few archive items that talked
about doing this, but the item was not complete enough for me to
reproduce the task.

Paul