Number of Objects per device

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Number of Objects per device
From: "Wilkinson, Iain D" <iain.wilkinson@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 12:54:03 -0000
Hi Folks,

I am currently designing a large NetView 7.1on AIX implementation and have a
couple of questions someone may be able to help me with.

What do you think is the maximum working number of objects in the native
NetView Database?  The manual say 40000, but is this realistic?

Also, we have a very large number of workstations, which we will not be
monitoring.  Can the "unknown object" these show as in the database be
filtered out to reduce the number of objects and thus the memory
requirement.

Regards,