Re: Number of Objects per device

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Number of Objects per device
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 14:41:50 +0000
Iain,
Use the netmon seedfile to prevent discovery of your workstations.  I use the
@OID syntax to prevent discovery of nodes that don't support SNMP (usually a
good first cut at specifying "workstations").  If you put
@OID .1.3.6.1.*
in your seedfile, this says ONLY find nodes that come back with an OID response,
ie. support SNMP.

You can do lots of other things with combinations of exclusions / inclusions /
@OIDs.

Cheers,
Jane