how to configure source id for netview traps?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: how to configure source id for netview traps?
From: "Juliet Bond" <BONDJUL@UK.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:32:09 +0000
Hi

Netview 5.1 AIX 4.3.0.0

I am trying to write a ruleset to filter out some of the netview traps, and
would like to use the idea previously posted here of creating a ruleset to
block on a source id which I can define.  My question is how do I define
this?  I have changed the source character through xnmptrap but when I look
at nvrsEdit, I am unable to specify the new source id which my trap has in
trapd.conf, what do I need to refresh, update in order for this new id to
take effect?

thanks

Juliet Bond

IBM Global Services,Geomar SSO, Enterprise Systems.
Birmingham Road, Warwick. CV34 5JL