[nv-l] NV security

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] NV security
From: "Dejan Mijailovic" <dejanm@webhosting.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:22:22 -0600
Hi there,
 does anyone know how does default security policy work with netveiw 7.1?

Netview Security is OFF.
I am logged in as a Root and running Netview locally. But I can't access
"Mange Objects" "Unmanage Objects", "Cut" "Paste" "Security Administration",
"Device Configuration, SNMP-Event configuration" from the pool down menus.
Accessing the netview VIA web server and using the Administrator account for
Web server work fine.
I can Manage and Unmanage objects, but from native NetView GUI doesn't
work,...note Security is OFF and I am ROOT.

Does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it?

Thanks

Dejan Mijailovic
InQuent Technologies inc.