Re: [nv-l] Locale Problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Locale Problem
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:36:08 -0500

Michael -

Are you on NetView 6.0.x or 7.1?   Are you on AIX or Solaris (or Digital?)
Type "locale" from the command line.  That should tell you what you are using now.  Bet is it "en_US".  That's OK on Solaris, but not AIX.
On AIX, did you install the pre-req IBM-850 language set  (En_US)? before the installation of NetView?   The netview script will try to switch you to that when you start up.  If you didn't, then do it now.  Get your AIX media and use smitty -> System Environments --> Manage Language Environment --> Add Additional Language Environments --> (use PF4 to scroll through until you see IBM-850 English (United States) [En_US]  and then select it)

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Good, Michael" <michael.good@pec.com>

01/23/2002 09:57 AM