Re: [nv-l] HSRP

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] HSRP
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:19:02 -0500
It is your assumptions that are leading you astray. The routers
will be represented as they always are. The HSRP business
applies to interfaces on those routers. An interface with an
HSRP address will be recognized as such, and will be moved
from one node to the other, depending on where it actually
goes at any given time. It is checked every 5 minutes by
doing an snmpget of sysname via that address, and checking
to see who responds. When you see the delete and add events,
you are seeing Netview moving the interface from one node
to another. Clearer?

Detroit

                    Kevin Smith

                    <c-kevin.smith1       To:     NV-L <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

                    @wcom.com>            cc:

                                          Subject:     [nv-l] HSRP

                    01/23/02 09:59

                    AM

Netview 6.02 Aix 4.3.3  I am trying to monitor HSRP addresses from the
Netview Topology Map.  I am under the assumption that an object container
will be drawn on the topology representing the active HSRP address.  I
havent seen any object containers on the map representing HSRP addresses.
Furthermore, I configured the netmon.seed file with the ip address of the
HSRP interface and have yet to see this interface discovered as an object
on
the map.  I cat the trapd.log and see that there are indeed HSRP addresses
being added and deleted from the platform.  Why cant I see a HSRP address
on
the topology?  What can I do?

Sincerely,
Kevin Smith