[nv-l] RE: [NV-L] Cisco 350 Wireless Access Points MIBs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] RE: [NV-L] Cisco 350 Wireless Access Points MIBs
From: "Scott Bursik" <tivoliesm@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 12:33:09 -0600

I think I have figured out what I am looking at with these devices. Please correct me if I am wrong on this. This is basically the Cisco Wireless version of the home broadband router/gateway. You connect it to the LAN, and it provides DHCP addresses to nodes configured to look to him for a connection. The addresses behind the AP are NAT addresses to (for example) a 192.168.0.x network.

Does it seem that I am on the right track here? If I am, I would not be able to see nodes attached via the wireless link to the AP in NetView, only the AP itself.

Thoughts?

Scott Bursik
Pepsico Business Solutions Group
scott.bursik@pbsg.com