RE: [nv-l] nvdbformat problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] nvdbformat problem
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 08:50:16 -0500
Two possible approaches I've used:
1) referece the TopM Interface List as a SELECTFIELD, which gives you
all of the rows of output and then post-process that in a script.
2) go after interfaces rather than nodes, and you can reference those
attributes of interfaces that appear in the TopM Interface List. You can
also reference attributes of the parent node, both in the SELECTRULE
and in the SELECTFIELD statements, eg
SELECTRULE:isInterface=TRUE
SELECTRULE:TopM Node ID:vendor^Unset
SELECTFIELD:1:IP Address

If I were looking for all nodes with Frame interfaces, I would use 2).

Detroit

                    "Ray Westphal"

                    <westphal@acce       To:     Leslie
Clark/Southfield/IBM@IBMUS
                    ssus.net>            cc:

                                         Subject:     RE: [nv-l] nvdbformat
problem
                    01/25/02 08:32

                    PM

Thanks Leslie.

I did open a PMR with support. There is an APAR IY24614 for a similar
problem already open.

What do you use "outside of nvdbformat" to gather TopM Interface List info?

Ray.