[nv-l] Illegal Subnet Masks on NN 7.1

To: <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Illegal Subnet Masks on NN 7.1
From: "sabirali sama" <sabirali.sama@elyzium.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:11:16 -0000
Hi,

Can anyone advise me, I have discovered a device on the network and it is showing up on the map, with a Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, however the device is configured with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192 when we telnet to the device and check its' configuration. The client has advised me that there are a few illegal subnets on the network.

Can NetView be configured such that NetView sees the device with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192 and if so is this will this change result in the product being not supported by Tivoli?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Sabirali Sama