Re: [nv-l] Illegal Subnet Masks on NN 7.1

To: sabirali.sama@elyzium.co.uk
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Illegal Subnet Masks on NN 7.1
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:58:33 +0000
Hi Sabi,
NetView will use as subnet mask, whatever the SNMP agent on the target device says.  I have seen one or two devices in the past where there has been disagreement between the device's config, as shown by telnet, and what the device's SNMP agent is reporting.  What's the beastie in question?

I know no way of "fooling" NetView about subnetmasks....

Cheers,
Jane

sabirali sama wrote:

Hi,Can anyone advise me, I have discovered a device on the network and it is showing up on the map, with a Subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, however the device is configured with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192 when we telnet to the device and check its' configuration. The client has advised me that there are a few illegal subnets on the network.Can NetView be configured such that NetView sees the device with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.192 and if so is this will this change result in the product being not supported by Tivoli?Many thanks in advance for any help.Sabirali Sama

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights reserved.