[nv-l] Different behaviour for acknowledge/unacknowledge

To: NetView Discussion <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Different behaviour for acknowledge/unacknowledge
From: Robin James <robin.james@thalesatm.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 13:21:35 +0000
The Netview Administration Guide says all selected objects and child
submaps are acknowledged or unacknowledged, depending on which option
you select. I am wondering why we see different behaviour.

We have the following map hierarchy.

Submap w116 contains submaps w1161 and w1162.

Submap w1161 and w1162 contain symbols representing the status of
various software and hardware items associated with that object. Each
symbol's status is derived from a field for that object.

When w116 is selected and acknowledge is selected what would you expect
to happen? We see that w116 goes dark green and all the symbols below
keep their previous colour.

When w1161 or w1162 is selected and acknowledge is selected there is a
different behaviour. w1161 or w1162 goes (light) green and all the
symbols in their submaps, whether they were red or green before, also go
(light) green.

Our system is using Netview 5.1.3.

Can anyone explain this different behaviour?

Thanks
--
Robin
email: robin.james@thalesatm.com