RE: [nv-l] Problem with trap

To: "'jesus corral'" <helen_saintcross@yahoo.es>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Problem with trap
From: z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:02:33 +0530
Cc: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>

Jesus,

Traps will not send the IP address to you, U will need to use perl script which will get invoked by the trap to compare with a table where U will need to put the IfIndex and corresponding IP Address. I hope UR NetView Server is Managed node( Perl gets installed by default) If no then install perl and use the action command as "perl nv.pl RTR Name($2,) IfIndex($3) Event($4)"

Attached the script and sample table for your understanding which will be site specific.

Santosh <<link_nv.tbl>> <<nv.pl>>