RE: [nv-l] Netview box sharing.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Netview box sharing.
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:02:06 -0600
It is the NetView "backup" function on the administrators menu. Basically, some or all of the containers in one machine are unmanaged, and if the otther machine fails for any reason, the nodes are managed by the second box. It is virtually useless because it requires operators to click on the GUI and say "yes take this stuff over". It is a great concept but underutilized and now there is discussion about removing it entirely. Documentation should be in the install gude but I can't check right now.