[nv-l] [FW] Hostname issue

Subject: [nv-l] [FW] Hostname issue
From: "Brian Green" <brian.green@cgi.ca>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:13:46 -0500
Hi all,

I have a question that I hope SOMEONE can answer!  I have a TMR in one zone of my network and I am trying to set up a new ManagedNode/Gateway in another Zone.  Everything has to be FQDN between zones, but the TMR uses its short name to identify itself.  When I try to install the new MN, it tries to start the oserv using the "-h shorthostname" option, which fails as the short name is not resolvable.  I have checked the odadmin odlist output and both the long and short names are there.

Does any know how I can force the install to use the FQDN of the TMR server?

Thanks,

Brian

Brian W. Green
Partner and Consultant