[nv-l] slow submap explorer.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] slow submap explorer.
From: "Chandra Patel" <crpatel@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 11:31:25 -0500

Hi Jim,

        How many objects are discovered by Netview? Do you have
many location object there?

Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:34:33 -0500
To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
From: "Sowell.Jim" <Jim.Sowell@suntrust.com>
Subject: Slow Submap Explorer

Hi folks,

AIX 4330-09 migrating from NV 5.1 to 7.1 .
R/W Map OK, discovery OK, NV Security off.

Problem is with Web Console Submap Explorer.

Webconsole login ok, Do a open for Submap Explorer,
a blank Submap Explorer appears. It may two to four hours
for the Map ICONs to display.

If I do Tools - Server Status, I get the status in a second.
I get the same simptoms running the nvwc.sh script on the
AIX system.

Once I do get the Map ICONs in the Submap Explorer, all
seems normal. If I add a user and restart the Webconsole,
I am back in the two to four hour wait.

Has anyone experienced the same/similar symptoms with the
Webconsole Submap Explorer?

Thanks for your help.    Jim

Chandra Patel
919-543-5390