[nv-l] Duplicate Entries in the database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com, "'James Shanks'" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>, "'Leslie Clark'" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Duplicate Entries in the database
From: z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 12:09:49 +0530

    Hi James, Lesli

    I need your senior advice hence I address this mail to you both.

    I had NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3, DB2 database Server and TIPN for Inventory Queries.
    I had noticed following problem while accessing query...

Segments query:

  • Lot many duplicate segments
  • Non-exitent segnentation shown.

Specific Router Query

  • Duplicate instance shown for router

Nodes Summary Query

  • Duplicate node names
  • Though all the nodes are snmp enabled, it is not able to get subnet mask info.

Ip routers Query

  • Duplicates of nodes.

This leads to unusable data available from query. I had checked in the NetView Console and deleted the duplicate entries now there are no duplicate entries for those nodes but still the query shows the duplicate data. I had distributed the profile manually and checked for the data.

Can you please advice should I drop the tables from the database and recreate them and then distribute profile so that fresh tables and data will be available ? If yes pls tell me what steps I should follow. If it is not required what do I need to check for clean data from query.

Please advice ASAP as the status is critical.

Regards,
Santosh