Re: [nv-l] CERT security advisory on multiple SNMP implementations

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] CERT security advisory on multiple SNMP implementations
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 17 Feb 2002 01:04:42 -0600
"Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com> writes:
> We had our round a couple of months ago, remember?

Hee hee.  Funny you should mention this [glances at support ticket
queue].  Still fixing scripts impacted by it, as a matter of fact.
:-)

> Now for the Cisco situation. What are people using for massively
> telneting to devices and issuing commands? In my current situation I
> am looking at implementing ACLs for a few thousand devices. I know
> there are commercial products out there for running scripts on
> devices. Any recommendations?

CiscoWorks 2000 seems to be getting a good deal of attention for stuff
like this.    It's security model doesn't work well for widely
distributed support organizations that don't trust each other, but if
you have some autonomy and a compliant support structure, you should
be golden.

It ain't cheap though...

Best Regards,
--