[nv-l] Objects Not Being Discovered

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] Objects Not Being Discovered
From: reamd@Nationwide.com
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 14:18:00 -0500
Hi All,
         I'm having problems with netview discovering an object. I have an
IP and host name in etc/hosts and the IP address is in the seed file. I
stop and start netmon and it does not discover it. I can ping it and
snmpwalk it.  I do a ovtopodump -l on the IP address and the host name and
it does not find it. I do a locate from netview and it does not find it. I
did a ovmapcount -a and ovtopofix -A and also ovtopofix -r IP and cycled
netmon and it does not discover it... What can I do to find out why this is
not being discovered..

AIX 4.3.3 ML6  6.02

Thanks,
Dave