Re: [nv-l] Objects Not Being Discovered

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Objects Not Being Discovered
From: Paul Sandler <paul@swebs.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 19:35:52 -0800
BTW,  using the grep for ovwdb, you can see the size of your cache.
Remember, the cache size is supposed to be at least 20% more than
the number of objects in your db.

ovobjprint   -S     shows you how many objects are in your db

So, your cache size is   5000.  Is the number of objects in your db
less than 4000?  If not, increase your cache size using smit.  I believe
you'll have to shutdown NV and restart it to make the cache size
increase effective.

This is for the AIX version.

Paul

At 06:42 PM 2/20/2002 -0600, you wrote:
"Paul Sandler" <paul@swebs.com> writes:
> Dave,
>
> You can tell the name of the seed file by issuing:
> ps -ef | grep ovwdb

I was all excited at leaning a new tip..., but alas, the truncation
monster...   *sniff*

antelope[/usr/OV/conf]$ ps -ef | grep ovwdb
root 12646 12384 0 Feb 14 - 1:29 /usr/OV/bin/ovwdb -O -n5000 -t
     foo 25754 20884   0 17:40:03  pts/1  0:00 grep ovwdb

(AIX 4.3.3. telnet remotely)

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/