Re: [nv-l] AIX root access on 7.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] AIX root access on 7.1
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:17:11 -0500
The NetView administrator requires root access to install and configure
NetView on UNIX.
It says so in several places in the doc.
It has always been so and will always be so.
If you are the NetView administrator then you should have root authority.
Your IT department needs to be made to understand that.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Herman.E.Caballero@Lowes.Com
02/22/2002 09:12 AM