RE: [nv-l] After 6.03 patch install

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] After 6.03 patch install
From: "Cavazos, David" <david.cavazos@tgslc.org>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:22:03 -0600
I to was surprised to see this happen when I upgraded to 7.1.  This was
changed as a security precaution to prevent a malicious person from
inserting a command into the DataStream by sending a command in a trap.
This is a not a bug but behavior by design.

I was using batch files on our Windows 2000 system to parse data and open
tickets in our problem management system before the change.  However, since
text processing is almost non-existent in the dos shell, I now use a VB
Script parser to test and format the data before passing it to the problem
management system.

AIX and Unix have powerful scripting tools which can do the same probably
more easily than VB Script in windows.

David Cavazos MCSE, MCDBA
Database Engineer
Texas Guaranteed Student Loan Corp.