[nv-l] After 6.03 patch install

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] After 6.03 patch install
From: reamd@Nationwide.com
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 12:45:30 -0500
Hi All,
          I recently in stalled the 6.03 patch and have came across a
problem since the install.We currently have scripts defined to execute when
certain traps are received such as interface up.down traps, and SNMP
Collection threshold traps.  Netview is configured to pass paramenters to
these scripts such as
/usr/local/nwi/scripts/ifthresh $1 $2 "$3" $4 $5.  Prior to the patch, all
parameters passed through in clear text, included non alpha-numeric
characters.  After the 6.0.3 upgrade patch was applied, all non
alpha-numeric characters are being preceded by a "\" character.  For
example, if $1 is the resource name and it = "a-n-aa-drt01", then the
paramneter getting passed to the script is "a\-n\-aa\-drt01".  This is
casuing problems in the scripts. Any Idea's?

AIX 4.3.3
Netview 6.03

Thanks, Dave