Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1 and Framework

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1 and Framework
From: "Paul Sandler" <paul@swebs.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 12:38:48 -0800
Jennifer,  There used to be a script from Tivoli that made it easy to
reinstall the Framework over a NetView install.  It was called
fakeicon.  I think I still have a copy somewhere.
You installed the Framework normally.  Then you ran this script.  It
made the Framework think NetView was installed.  Then you started the
Framework and told it to install Netview.  The Framework said it was
already installed and there was no code it needed to load.  Then you
were done.  You started the NetView install, but no code loaded since
NetView was already installed.  Trying the install set some bits
somewhere that made everybody happy.

You might see if this script is still available and if it will still
work on the new levels of Framework and NV.

Paul