Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1 and Framework

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NetView 7.1 and Framework
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 13:42:01 -0500
No, it's not possible to just connect your NetView to the Framework.  You
have to re-install if you want the Framework to know about your NetView.
It's painful, I know, but you don't have to lose your customization if you
make a backup first and re-install as an upgrade.

Install your Framework and the required NetView patch.
Then you go to serversetup and do a complete backup of NetView under the
Maintain button.
This creates a /usr/OV.back.v7r1 directory structure.
Then you remove NetView using serversetup again, and re-install it using
the Framework, and make sure you specify 'upgrade" so it will merge
everything in your backup directory with the new stuff.

I have done this and it works, though it takes a couple of hours.

Hope his helps.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Wilkinson, Iain D" <iain.wilkinson@eds.com>
03/26/2002 11:19 AM