Re: [nv-l] How to manually install trapgend

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] How to manually install trapgend
From: "Eric Pobst" <epobst98@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 01:46:18 +0000
thanks james,

not sure if this was an answer to my previous post, but I was successful manually installing trapgend with the exception of step 5. I may revisit and attempt your step 5 command (given your thoroughness). The command I was successful (at least as I could tell) was executing the /usr/OV/bin/nv6000_subagent -C -I install, which there after events were then being forwarded

either way Tivoli support pointed me to the nv6000_smit (subagentR section) command which shows each detailed reexec command a typical install would attempt to accomplish.

i agree that the traditional method is the way to go, but unfortunately, not all sa's view share my same view.

thanks for your help.

Eric