Re: [nv-l] netview event browser problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netview event browser problem
From: "James Shanks" <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 11:08:30 -0400
Since you said "nvserverd" I am assuming you have NetView for UNIX.
Did you just restart the daemons?  nvserverd does not read old events.  He
sends only current ones.  So if he was restarted, he may have none to
send.
Try sending a dummy event from the command line and see if you get that.
        event -h dummy1
Also be aware that not all events are shown in the event window.  Many are
configured as "Log Only" in xnmtrap.  These you will not see in the window
though they will be in trapd.log.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Hui Wang/EIG" <Hui.Wang@economicalinsurance.com>
05/21/2002 10:44 AM