RE: [nv-l] /usr/OV/bin

To: "'Allison, Jason (JALLISON)'" <JALLISON@arinc.com>, "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] /usr/OV/bin
From: Anand Shah <c-Anand.Shah@wcom.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:50:37 -0400
Have you thought of using OUSPG PROTOC suite that earlier this year exposed
vulnerabilities in SNMP implementation of many vendors ? I have personally
used it for testing against a variety of my NMSes ( mainly to detect SNMP
vulnerability) and it does what you are asking for - floods a device with a
huge number of traps. Be very cautious though - You must've patched your NMS
(Netview) with all the patches so this testing won't crash it. I think they
also make the source code available (all JAVA) and you can define your tests
by modifying config files. Check it out at
http://www.ee.oulu.fi/research/ouspg/protos/testing/c06/snmpv1/index.html

- Anand