Re: [Fwd: Re: [nv-l] NetView on Linux distribution greater 7.1]

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [nv-l] NetView on Linux distribution greater 7.1]
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:41:40 +0200
Jane,

that looks like you missed this step:

Release Notes 7.1.1, page 2:
---------------
6. pdksh (pdksh-5.2.14-8.i386.rpm must be installed from the
RPMS package provided on the IBM Tivoli NetView for Linux
Version 7.1.1 CDROM)
---------------

or Release Notes 7.1.2, page 24:
---------------
pdksh (pdksh-5.2.14-8.i386.rpm must be installed from the RPM package
provided on the IBM Tivoli NetView for Linux Version 7.1.2 CD-ROM)
---------------

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae@de.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

                      Jane Curry

<nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
                      -1st.co.uk>               cc:

                                                Subject:  [Fwd: Re: [nv-l]
NetView on Linux distribution greater 7.1]
                      24.05.2002 14:47

                      Please respond to

                      Jane Curry

Yup,
I put 7.1.2 on a Red Hat 7.1 last week.  There was a strange phemomena
and
I don't know whether it's typical (I didn't do the Linux build).  The
install seemed to be running fine, drawing dots , when it suddenly said
"Stopped [1]".  As it turned out, all that had happened was the install
process had gone into the background - typing "fg" brought the growing
line of dots back.  Unfortunately, I didn't realise this first time
around
so I stopped the install inadvertently and had to unpick it and
reinstall.

Other than that, it worked fine.

Cheers,
Jane

Oliver Bruchhaeuser wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> anybody out there who has installed NetView 7.1.1 or 7.1.2
> (successful) on a Linux distribution (SuSE/RedHat) greater 7.1 ?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Oliver Bruchhaeuser
> Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support
>
> IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
> 55131 Mainz - Germany
> Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
> bruchhae@de.ibm.com
>
> Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
> Ask Tivoli!
> http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

> *NOTE*
> This is not an Offical Tivoli Support forum. If you need immediate
> assistance from Tivoli please call the IBM Tivoli Software Group
> help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2002 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.