Re: AW: [nv-l] NetView on Linux distribution greater 7.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AW: [nv-l] NetView on Linux distribution greater 7.1
From: "Oliver Bruchhaeuser" <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 16:49:40 +0200
Guido,

I also have installed NetView 7.1.1 on SuSE-Linux 8.0 now.
It is running fine but I also saw this problem with rpc.statd.

I cannot say you at the moment why NetView wants to have rcp.statd running
(I'm just clearing this with our change team and will let you know ...)
but normally it is used by (and started with) nfsserver.

So if you start nfsserver:
/etc/init.d/nfsserver start
before starting NetView
there are no problems/error messages.

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae@de.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

                      Guido.Lauenburger@

                      triaton.com               To:       nv-l@lists.tivoli.com

                                                cc:

                      03.06.2002 16:40          Subject:  AW: [nv-l] NetView on
Linux distribution greater 7.1
                      Please respond to

                      Guido.Lauenburger

Hi,

I had installed NetView 7.1.1 on SuSE-Linux 8.0. I use a Intel P4 1,6GHz
and
1 GB Memory and all prerequisites described in the Release Notes. I had no
problems with the installation - all daemons were running after the
installation - but when I started NetView I had problems with rpc.statd in
the netnmrc-script, so I deleted this part in the script and netview runs,
but that can not be the solution.

Is there anybody who can explain my mistake and give me a solution?
Thanks

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards,

Guido Lauenburger
Triaton GmbH
A Company of ThyssenKrupp Information Services
Am Thyssenhaus 3
D-45128 Essen
Tel.: +49 (0)201 / 5204-358
Fax: +49 (0)201 / 5204-345
Mobil: +49 (0)163 - 8524 531
eMail: Guido.Lauenburger@triaton.com

Gesendet am: Freitag, 24. Mai 2002 14:39
An: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Betreff: [nv-l] NetView on Linux distribution greater 7.1

Hi Folks,

anybody out there who has installed NetView 7.1.1 or 7.1.2
(successful) on a Linux distribution (SuSE/RedHat) greater 7.1 ?

Kind regards

Oliver Bruchhaeuser
Tivoli NetView EMEA L2 Support

IBM Deutschland GmbH - ITS Tivoli - Dept. 7977 - Hechtsheimer Str. 2 -
55131 Mainz - Germany
Phone: +49-6131-84-5108 - Fax: +49-6131-84-6585 - email:
bruchhae@de.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli (login with your customer account)

*NOTE*
help line at 1-800-TIVOLI8(848-6548)