[nv-l] Implementing DNS for NV on AIX

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Implementing DNS for NV on AIX
From: "Scherting, Mark" <mscherting@state.mt.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 14:33:44 -0600
Hi all,

I've been off the list for a bit and am now jumping back into the fray with
a couple of questions.  First, where are the list archives now?

Second, I've been asked to look into implementing DNS on my NV/AIX 4.3.3 box
to manage a zone containing just our network devices and from which our
primary DNS would load this zone.  Has anyone done something like this?
Please point me toward some AIX specific examples, Redbooks, etc.  I've read
the O'Reilly DNS & Bind book for the concepts but would like to see some
configuration examples in black & white.

Any recommendations on which version of Bind and h2n to use and where to get
them?  Are there any newer/better tools than h2n for AIX?

Thanks!

Mark Scherting
State of Montana
Information Technology Services Division